International Women's Day is celebrated annually 8 March.
Women's Day History
The date emerged for the first time 19 March 1911 Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland.
Since this year, the day has been celebrated in several countries, in order to recognize the importance and contribution of women in society.
Another of the objectives behind the International Women's Day origin is to remember the achievements of women and the fight against prejudice, racially, sexual, politician, cultural, linguistic or economic.
In 1975, the United Nations promoted the International Women's Year and 1977 proclaimed the day 8 March as International Women's Day.
On International Women's Day is common being sent to women appreciation messages and tribute, and do so little surprises, like sending flowers and chocolates.
Sentences for International Women's Day
- “A beautiful woman is not one of those who praise the legs or arms, but one whose entire appearance is of such beauty that leaves no possibility to admire the isolated parts.” – Seneca
- “The woman is a substance such, that, by more than estudes, always find in it something entirely new.” – Leon Tolstoi.
- “The woman is like your shadow: you can run behind dela, it will run in front of you, you can run to front dela, she comes after you.”- Alfred de Musset
- “Difficult is to love a woman and at the same time do something with judgment.”- Leon Tolstoi
- “The woman is a stunning effect of nature” – Arthur Schopenhauer
Funny phrases for Women's Day
- “A woman's heart, as many instruments depends on who plays.” – Saint Prosper
- “The silliest woman can dominate a wise. But it takes a very wise woman to master an idiot.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “Difficult is to love a woman and at the same time do something with judgment.” – Leon Tolstoi
Songs for Women's Day
- Woman – John Lennon
- Whitney Houston – I’m Every Woman
- Black Magic Woman – Santana
- Woman in Love – Barbra Streisand
- Betty Wright – I am a Woman